How Do I Sign Up For
How do I sign up for WatchTVEverywhere?
So you want to know more about our WatchTVEverywhere service. You’re in the right place!
Our WatchTVEverywhere service is a FREE feature with MTC’s ClikTV service.
WatchTVEverywhere (WTVE) streams your favorite channels and programming to your tablet, smartphones, laptop, SmartTV and other devices from anywhere you can receive an internet signal. MTC’s ClikTV subscribers can view TV programs on devices other than a TV set using WTVE, and don’t forget, it’s included in your ClikTV service.
What is WatchTVEverywhere?
Our WatchTVEverywhere feature is a service that allows MTC’s ClikTV subscribers to view TV programs on devices other than a TV set when out of their home. This can include a PC, a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
How is WTVE different from Hulu, Netflix, or other streaming services?
Unlike other streaming, over the top services that are in addition to your traditional TV, WTVE is FREE with your account. It includes live TV, and there’s no extra charge to use it. Hulu and Netflix only offer previously recorded shows.
How much does it cost?
Nothing! At this time, there’s no extra cost for WatchTVEverywhere, so feel free to explore. There is nothing on the site that will result in an extra cost to you (except overage charges from your cellular carrier, if applicable). As long as you can receive the TV Network in your “regular” cable channel lineup, you may view that network’s TV Everywhere content, if available.
How do I sign up for WatchTVEverywhere?
1. Create your WTVE account
Visit www.wtve.net and scrolls down the providers’ list to find MTC Communications/McDonough Telephone from the drop-down menu.
2. Have your Account Info Handy
Locate (or have on hand) your account number and last name on your customer account.
3. Get ready to register!
Once the new screen loads, click “Register” to start the WTVE registration process and enter your customer information. (Account name, email, and
4. Find the WTVE activation Email
After you finish your registration, you’ll need to check your email inbox (the email that you just registered with) to find the WTVE activation email. This email will contain the WatchTVEverywhere activation link.
5. Click the Link
When you finish your registration, you’ll need to check your email inbox (the email that you just registered with) to find the WTVE activation email. This email will contain the WatchTVEverywhere activation link.
6. Keep it Confidential
Your log in information is tied to your customer account, so it’s important to keep that information to yourself.
Why aren't all programs available?
A TV network doesn’t necessarily own all the rights to all the programs they transmit. A network may have the right to transmit a movie, but only to TV sets, and not on WatchTVEverywhere. It all depends on the network.
How do I use WTVE?
Visit www.wtve.net. (Select your TV provider – MTC Communications/McDonough Telephone Coop). Click “Log In,” and enter your username and password. Click on the TV Network you want to watch, and you’ll see a list of available programs.
Can I use my WTVE on my Smart TV?
Yes! If your Smart TV has the ability to download apps, or you have a streaming device like an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Apple TV, you might be able to find a specific channel provider’s app and download it to your TV.
What content can I watch and where is it available?
If a channel has a user app that’s available on your smart device, you can download the channel’s app (data rates may apply if you’re not connected to an internet connection) to your device and stream their content directly.
How do I sign in with my WTVE information?
1. First, you’ll need to locate the App Store (or Google Play store) on your device. Most Smart TVs allow you to “search” or voice search for an application in the “Apps” or “Applications” section of their menu. Once you’ve navigated to that section, type in or voice search for the channel provider’s app that you’re looking for.
But remember, you only have access to channels that you’re currently subscribed to through MTC’s ClikTV service.
2. After the app has downloaded onto your device, you’ll need to locate the “Sign In” button. Usually an app on a smartphone or tablet has something that looks like this HGTV example:
3. When you click the “Sign In” button, a notification should prompt you to use your MTC Communications/McDonough Telephone WTVE Subscription. If so, select “Allow.”
4. When you click “Allow,” a pop up screen will open where you can enter your WatchTVEverywhere username and password. This allows the channel’s app that you’re downloading to check with our WTVE service that you have access to their channel content.
5. After you successfully sign in with your WTVE login information, you should see a message or prompt telling you that you are signed in with “MTC Communications/McDonough Telephone Coop.” Like this:
Still have questions on how to register, download an app, or access content? Call our office, and we’d be happy to walk you through our WatchTVEverywhere service.